Just watched the video and now you want to learn how to make it? Well, you’re in luck, here’s the recipe, developed by Danielle Westeberg, also the food stylist for the video. And if you haven’t yet seen the video, or want to watch it again, you can find it here. Enjoy!
Apple Cider Recipe
12 medium sized apples Granny Smith & Red Delicious
½-1 cup of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1 whole nutmeg
1 Tbsp. whole cloves
water to cover
1 stockpot (have two options that would be good)
- wash apple and oranges, cut apples and orange into quarters add to large stock pot
- add sugar (depending on the sweetness of the apples add between ½ cup to 1 cup)
- cut out a large square from the cheesecloth. Place all the spices into the center of the cheesecloth and secure with a string.
- add the spice satchel to the pot
- cover with water and bring to a boil uncovered for at least an hour
- uncover and mash the contents with a potato masher
- simmer for two hours.
- once finished allow to cool completely and remove the spice satchel
- line a strainer or colander with a doubled cheesecloth. Add contents of stockpot and twist and squeeze out all the juice. try to get as much as you can
- Reheat on the stovetop or microwave to serve hot. Can keep in the fridge covered up to a week.
*Granny Smith and Red Delicious are best because of their soft texture when cooked and sweetness.
*The spice bag is a convenient way to flavor sauces, juices, and custards without leaving behind any particles from the spices.