High Beam is led by Eric Slatkin, an award winning filmmaker based in San Francisco. He spent four years establishing and building up the video program at the food website CHOW.com (owned by CBS). During this time, he saw web video ascend from supplementary website multimedia, to viable alternative to television.
He is also the co-founder of the Disposable Film Festival, which is a festival focused on films made on alternative devices like cell phones, webcams, and point and shoots.
His experience and skill set have given him a unique perspective on the importance of video in this new media landscape.
- Selection into 2011 Mountain Film Festival in Telluride for One Plastic Beach
- Selection into the 2011 Geography of Hope Film Festival for One Plastic Beach
- Emmy Nomination, New Approaches to News & Documentary Programming, for Obsessives Soda Pop, 2010
- Webby Award Winner, How-To & DIY Category, 2010
- Telly Award Winner, Soda Pop Obsessive, 2010
- Winner, Audience Award, New York Food Film Festival, 2010
- James Beard Nomination, best Webcast, 2008, 2009
- Tasty Awards nomination, 2009
- SPD winner for Obsessives series on CHOW, 2009